Disclaimer: I jacked this survey from my dear friend, Alisha in Cinci, because at this point in the evening and the week, I have nothing left in my brain to give, except some answers, especially on this subject. The Hubz and I quite literally get at least 12 magazines a month... I love my periodical reading!
1. If I could only read one magazine publication for the rest of eternity, I would choose In Style ... It's like my monthly bible (minus the real Bible). I adore every page of it. I have a system in reading - I go through every page, without reading anything... simply looking at ads and pictures, and then I wade back in, slowly, deliberately... reading every single word on every single page. I get annoyed when they leave out the bookmark- seriously, one of the best ideas evah, and I base any subsequent shopping I do on the pages ... I always consult it before knowlingly shopping.
2. If I were to run my own magazine it would be about like Alisha, I would say it'd have to be about something I could talk about. Certainly fashion would be one of those topics... parenting though would probably be the easiest. Perhaps fashionista mamas? Hmm... that might be a great idea, actually!
3. I buy my magazines (at the grocery check stand or via subscription) As I said, we seriously get a ton every month. However, today I bought one while standing in line at the HyV.
4. I prefer my magazines (in print or online) I love them in print. The glossy pages, the smell of fragrance samples ... the bookmark! In fact, I don't even acknowledge People magazine on the iPad, who cares that we can get it a day earlier there? I want the real thing, baby.
5. The number of magazines I buy each month is Again, seriously... 12 or so. Not all are mine - Sports Illustrated? No thank you, but it's all the same moola.
6. My favorite magazine genre is (lifestyle, gossip, home, etc...) Fashion it is. Followed closely by Lifestyle and Celebrity Gossip (although really, only People. I believe very little until I read it in People).
7. The magazines I read regularly are InStyle, Harpers Bazaar, O Magazine, Self, Parenting, People... the list goes on and on.
What are your favorite magazines?