"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new."

Interested in Sponsoring? Check out our PR Policy below

Sign up for Swagbucks to earn extra entries, as well as gift cards & more! Use this link: Swagbucks!

Do you love when your house smells good? I sell Scentsy!

Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 4 ... Fill in the Blank Friday

Disclaimer: I jacked this survey from my dear friend, Alisha in Cinci, because at this point in the evening and the week, I have nothing left in my brain to give, except some answers, especially on this subject.  The Hubz and I quite literally get at least 12 magazines a month... I love my periodical reading! 

Fill in the Blank Friday!

1. If I could only read one magazine publication for the rest of eternity, I would choose In Style ... It's like my monthly bible (minus the real Bible). I adore every page of it. I have a system in reading - I go through every page, without reading anything... simply looking at ads and pictures, and then I wade back in, slowly, deliberately... reading every single word on every single page. I get annoyed when they leave out the bookmark- seriously, one of the best ideas evah, and I base any subsequent shopping I do on the pages ... I always consult it before knowlingly shopping. 

2. If I were to run my own magazine it would be about like Alisha, I would say it'd have to be about something I could talk about. Certainly fashion would be one of those topics... parenting though would probably be the easiest.  Perhaps fashionista mamas? Hmm... that might be a great idea, actually!

3. I buy my magazines (at the grocery check stand or via subscription) As I said, we seriously get a ton every month.  However, today I bought one while standing in line at the HyV.

4. I prefer my magazines (in print or online) I love them in print. The glossy pages, the smell of fragrance samples ... the bookmark! In fact, I don't even acknowledge People magazine on the iPad, who cares that we can get it a day earlier there? I want the real thing, baby. 

5. The number of magazines I buy each month is Again, seriously... 12 or so. Not all are mine - Sports Illustrated? No thank you, but it's all the same moola. 

6. My favorite magazine genre is (lifestyle, gossip, home, etc...) Fashion it is. Followed closely by Lifestyle and Celebrity Gossip (although really, only People. I believe very little until I read it in People).

7. The magazines I read regularly are InStyle, Harpers Bazaar, O Magazine, Self, Parenting, People... the list goes on and on. 

What are your favorite magazines?

2 comments:

Amy @ Motherhood and Miscellany said...

How funny! I hate magazines. I used to subscribe to a few cooking magazines (Cooking Light and Rachael Ray) and had a Parenting subscription for a while. I can't stand how full they are of ads. So I don't have a single subscription now, though I do still get Glamour magazines for some reason, which go directly into my recycling bin (how many different ways can they write the same article about "What your man is thinking in bed" or "37 new ways to please your man"?). I had a subscription to it in 1998. I haven't paid for it since then but I keep getting it delivered, and I've lived in 5 different places since I had the sub!

amanda said...

That's so random! I do get really sick of Glamour and Cosmo is the worst- seriously, how many more positions can that magazine claim to come up with?!
Magazines were like required reading in college after I changed my major. I still remember the first AMDP class I had, our instructor told us to start subscribing- Vogue, Bazaar, Women's Wear Daily... The list was endless, but it was awesome during sorority required study hours!