"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new."

Interested in Sponsoring? Check out our PR Policy below

Sign up for Swagbucks to earn extra entries, as well as gift cards & more! Use this link: Swagbucks!

Do you love when your house smells good? I sell Scentsy!

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!

Yes, I'm a few days late.  However, I think I have an excuse, what with a house full of people for the past three days & a BIG birthday party to execute!

Anyway, I'm seeing a lot of blog posts on New Year's resolutions, so I thought it was time to post what I guess will be mine.  I don't normally do resolutions per se, but I try to make goals or decisions that will affect the rest of my life, not just my year.  I'd already been planning on doing/not doing these things, so what better way to put them into action, then to call them my resolutions...

1. Purchase healthy, all natural foods.  No hydrogenated oils (remember this post?), no cornstarch, no additives, hormones, etc.  I'm not strictly an organic buyer, nor will I ever be, but I am all for reading labels & walking away from a product that I cannot pronounce.  I try to buy whole grain, whole wheat, all natural.  From this point on (well, my last trip to the store anyway- last week) I will not bring into my home anything I can't say.

2. Remember the 'small people'.  No, I don't mean that in a snobby way.  I mean, forget about WalMart & limit my Target purchases, especially if I can purchase handmade.  I love the idea of giving things like Vilate's Pie in a Jar, rather than some other food item. I love supporting the local shops & the WAHM shops, rather than the big corporation.

3.  Save some freakin money, already! Man! I will be the first to admit that I do not save money well.  I am a comfort shopper... when I'm bored, I shop.  When I don't feel good, I shop.  When I'm feeling uncomfortable with myself, I shop.  Shop, shop, shop.  And since becoming a mom, I've said the phrase "at least I didn't buy it for myself" too many times to count.  As if B really & truly needs that shirt, just because it seemed like a good deal.  Like he really cares if he has 1 more Tonka truck.  There will be times when I really & truly need to buy things, but I'm going to be better at holding myself accountable.  I'm lucky that I get to stay home with my (not so) baby, while my husband works hard each day & I need to step it up & do my part.

4.  Work my Cookie Lee business better.  I need to actually do more to get my business out there.  Yeah, it's direct sales.  Yeah, sometimes that sucks.  But it's a lot of gorgeous jewelry & it's affordable.  I love to mix & match it with other pieces, like Mommy Necklaces, or pieces from Etsy shops.  And, if I can do that, then so can everyone else!  Wanna see what I'm talking about? Go here.  The new catalog comes out on January 8th :)

Let me know what you think or what you plan to do, if you'd like to share :) And Happy New Year- I hope it was a safe & fun time for you!

No comments: