"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new."

Interested in Sponsoring? Check out our PR Policy below

Sign up for Swagbucks to earn extra entries, as well as gift cards & more! Use this link: Swagbucks!

Do you love when your house smells good? I sell Scentsy!

Monday, February 6, 2012

Work Schmurk.

Gosh, only a few days in and I already failed. After what seemed like a super busy weekend, I realized last night at about 11:45  that I hadn't blogged yet. What a bummer.


Weekends go by more quickly now, when I work the entire thing. For anyone who doesn't know, last Spring I went back to work. I started out going full-time, which was terrible. The job itself wasn't too terrible- I was a manager at a department store that I'd worked at before... with my bachelor's degree in Apparel Merchandising, Design, and Production, this is basically right up my alley- for the midwest anyway. But I was working constantly, at all hours. My mom essentially lived with us for about 8 weeks, on and off, to care for B. We soon realized this was not conducive to anyone's life and I stepped back from the management position into a part-time position. I now work two nights a week and normally one weekend day. Occasionally though, like this past weekend, I work both days, which really stinks. No time with the Hubs, no time with B... no time with friends or anything. However, since B just informed us that we are going to Disney World!, the extra money will be helpful!


Most of the time I don't mind my job. It's nice to get out of the house, talk to other people, catch up with the ladies I work with. Also, I work in the shoe department. I've never owned so many shoes! This is certainly appealing! However, when B looks at me and says "no Mama, don't go to work. Stay here with meeeee...." it breaks my heart a little bit. But I know how good it is for him and the Hubs too- they get some quality time together. However much it sometimes sucks, I know how blessed I am. I'm lucky to have these two (three if you count that giant puppy, who is snoring at my feet right now) and how wonderful my life is... work and all.


 ...just a few photos from the past couple weeks or so... i love instagram! 

No comments: