"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new."

Interested in Sponsoring? Check out our PR Policy below

Sign up for Swagbucks to earn extra entries, as well as gift cards & more! Use this link: Swagbucks!

Do you love when your house smells good? I sell Scentsy!

Sunday, October 11, 2009

That's Mommy's Necklace!

The other night, while checking out a friend's blog, I had an epiphany of sorts. 

First, a little backstory for you readers.  I belong to Babycenter.com, where I've met some great women- most other mamas.  I have two main boards that I frequent and I've even met (or have future plans to meet and have B photographed by) a few of the moms and babes.  On one of these boards, a lot of the mamas started talking about Mommy Necklaces.  I was intrigued, as I love all things blingy, so I checked it out.  I became a Facebook fan and I've looked at a few here and there.  I even bought one of a dear BBC friend, who just wasn't using it.  But I couldn't bring myself to say that I even liked it much.  I rarely wore it- leaving it in B's room, next to our rocker where we typically sit to nurse. Sometimes I'd throw it on if B seemed to be distracted.  Of course, because I sell Cookie Lee jewelry, I almost felt some sort of aggression towards this piece of jewelry.  I mean, how can I wear something like this, when I sell other jewelry- how will that look!? What if someone asks me about Cookie Lee and all I have on is a Mommy Necklace? What then? 

Well the other day I threw the Mommy Necklace on while B was nursing.  A little while later I realized I still had it on and it even looked pretty good with my outfit.  Then last Sunday, while getting ready for church, I even contemplated putting it on, in case B needed something to play with during the sermon.  I've worn it a few times since then... mostly around the house, but out some too.

Back to the epiphany.  While reading Moose's Mama's blog and going through some of her giveaways, I realized that I really like the Mommy Necklace.  I really want to win the Mommy Necklace.  And if I don't win, I really might buy a Mommy Necklace.

...I guess you could say I've been epiphanized (if that's even a word)...

No comments: