"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new."

Interested in Sponsoring? Check out our PR Policy below

Sign up for Swagbucks to earn extra entries, as well as gift cards & more! Use this link: Swagbucks!

Do you love when your house smells good? I sell Scentsy!

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Evolution of an 8 Month Old

Today my son is 8 months old.  I know 8 months is no big to some people, but to me, it's crazy! I can't believe that just 8 short (and yet very long) months ago B was born. 

8 months ago he was just 6 pounds, 4 ounces... under 6 pounds when we brought him home. He was 19 inches long with darkish brown hair.  He obviously didn't do much, similar to most newborns. He was and still is amazing... I was so in love with this little man who looked so similar to his daddy.  After 8 quick hours of induced labor he was in my arms and our whole world was changed. We were brand new parents who didn't really have a clue, but we knew we were about to embark on a great adventure.

Today, at 8 months he is a redhead... he is jabbering, cruising around on furniture, standing (with help, of course), jumping up and down (with help, of course), laughing, eating solid food (although he has NO teeth as of yet) He eats Cheerios like they're going out of style... He smiles and it melts my heart. Not surprisingly, I am still so in love with this little man who looks even more like his daddy.  Our world changes every week or so when he learns something new and we learn it through his eyes... We are in the midst of this adventure every day and we couldn't enjoy it more.

1 comment:

Alisha said...

Tear*

Makes me want one!

GAH! No wait! Did I just say that?!

I'm not ready.... I'll just live through your cute little redheaded family until then :)