"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new."

Interested in Sponsoring? Check out our PR Policy below

Sign up for Swagbucks to earn extra entries, as well as gift cards & more! Use this link: Swagbucks!

Do you love when your house smells good? I sell Scentsy!

Friday, December 4, 2009

It's a Battlefield!

I'm currently at war.  And I intend to win.  The enemy?  Ammonia Stink (aka THAT SMELL) in my beloved diapers.

I'm prepared to do whatever I have to do... the latest casualty?  My BRAND NEW, MOST FABULOUS EVER diaper- A Nifty Nappy fitted.

I got it last week, the day before Thanksgiving.  I was already in the car on the way to my in-laws & was immediately sad that I couldn't race to the washer & prep it.  So, I waited.  I washed it 3 times & then, even though it says wash more than that, I put it on B- for just a couple hours before bedtime.  Then came the moment of truth.  Last night I put it on B for his overnight diaper.  It was miraculous.  Even though he nursed twice (yes... twice... that's another battle we're fighting) he woke up dry & I mean dry- the outside of the diaper was dry!

I was ecstatic.  I already knew I was in love, but now I was falling head over heels.  Complete & utter infatuation.  (Yes, I realize this is a diaper I'm talking about... yes, the very thing my son poos into... but if you're a CDing mama, you know exactly what I mean!)

And then, I opened the diaper pail tonight to place another diaper in it & the overwhelming stink of ammonia came flying out at me.  I only had today's diapers in the pail & determined, I actually went through the (only wet, no dirties!) diapers to find the culprit.  The tears almost started flowing (probably moreso from the horrible burning stench of ammonia, but I digress) when I realized THAT SMELL was coming from my new love.

So tomorrow begins the all out, take no prisoners, battle of the century! (Okay, maybe just of B's diaper wearing days, but you get my point, right? I will not let any more harm come to my diapers!)
 

2 comments:

Pumpkin Bear said...

How do you think that happened so fast? And I totally get that you can be in love with a diaper :) Let us know how it cleans up!

amanda said...

I wish I knew why it happened... I'm doing a RockinGreen soak right now, although I'm worried I'm going to have switch detergents.