This giveaway is now closed. Thanks for participating!
If you follow me on Twitter, this won't come as much of a surprise to you. I love Nifty Nappys. And I tweet about them frequently. So, in addition to my purchased collection, I acquired one to review.
Vilate is the mastermind behind Nifty Nappys. As a mother of 6, I believe she's had plenty of opportunity to perfect her products & I think she's done a darn good job (she goes into detail about how she perfected her process on her blog- check it out here).
Her product list contains these one sized diapers: Nifty Nappy fitted diapers, as well as an organic option; Peachy Keen pocket diapers, & Snappy SwimEaze swim diapers. All of these are one size- amazing, right?! She also upcycles wool sweaters, which is a fantastic practice, & makes Nifty Knickers, Super Duper Soakers, & Woolie Wraps. I personally own Nifty Nappy fitteds, Peachy Keen pockets, 2 Woolie Wraps & a set of Nifty Knickers. While technically this review is for this gorgeous, cozy, trim, soft fitted diaper, I can't not talk about the other products in our stash.
(moose in shoes)
I like to put B in fitted diapers a lot, especially when we're around the house, or just running one or two errands. He wears wool longies, such as the Nifty Knickers & he wears fleece a lot. He almost always wears a fitted to sleep all night & 95% of the time I put a Woolie Wrap on over the fitted. Here's the deal though: I can & have put a fitted on B WITHOUT a proper cover. Meaning, a fitted with jeans or regular knit sweatpants on. Does this sound crazy? You bet! ...if it's not a Nifty Nappy fitted, anyway. I've used other fitteds, with names I won't mention, that have been wet in the front within one hour or less. To me, this is unacceptable. And it's completely unacceptable when you spend more than $30 on the diaper. Nifty Nappys are SO affordable, at just $22-30 (depending on whether it's organic or not) & there have been mornings when the front of B's diaper is not wet. That's right- not wet. Barely damp. After 12 hours in the diaper. How's that for absorbent?
(not all, but most, of my Nifty Nappy stash. The four on the left are Peachy Keen pockets)
Here's what Vilate says about her diapers:
Having a diaper that fits and is trim but also breathes and is cute is asking a lot, right?
I didn’t think so! I knew it could be done if I had the right materials and knowledge. I have spent many hours on line researching cloth diapers, along with years of testing different patterns and fabrics out on my own 6 kids. I finally found the right fabrics and with all the knowledge I had acquired, I started on a diaper. The pattern of the diaper isn’t too difficult right? Well, shape does matter, how soon you curve around the leg can make or break a diaper. Then there is making it fit from newborn to potty training. I succeeded in that too! I made the perfect diaper…at least I think it is.
Qualities of the Nifty Nappy:
- Front snapping for a longer fit
- Trim fit – looks natural under clothes
- Organic Hemp and Bamboo for absorbency
- cute fabrics for your baby’s bum
There are a few other items that are good enough to join the Nifty Nappy in this shop:
- Wool Covers- Upcyled from wool sweaters handpicked from thrift stores, these are practically bullet proof.
- PeachyKeen Pocket diapers – These are made with the PUL qualities in mind so there is no leaking on the edges.
- Snappy SwimzEaze – Keeps your babies tush comfy while keeping your mind at ease, knowing that everything will stay in the diaper and not in the pool.
(Ooga Booga Brown. To be honest, I can't remember if this is a fitted or a pocket- I have both in this fabric)
Want to get your hands on one of these fabulous diapers or other item? Here's how:
Go to Nifty Nappy & make a purchase!
Or you can win one right here! Vilate has generously offered up a fitted Nifty Nappy & a Woolie Wrap to one of my lovely readers!
This entry is mandatory & must be done to qualify to win: Go to Nifty Nappy & tell me your favorite fabric selection. You may also check out the Nifty Nappy blog & choose a fabric listed there. Be sure to include your email address or another way for me to contact you. If I can't contact you, you can't win. Got it? Good :)
1. Follow my blog via Google Friend Connect.
2. Grab my button; let me know where it is.
3. Follow Nifty Nappy's blog.
4. Grab Nifty Nappy's Shop button (found on the blog link in #4); let me know where it is.
5. Fan Nifty Nappy on Facebook.
6. Follow @mandyw526 & @myniftynappy on twitter: Tweet this once daily- Win a Nifty Nappy & Woolie Wrap from @mandyw526 & @myniftynappy: http://bit.ly/c4bLAh
7. Blog about this giveaway; let me know where the entry is.
8. Make a purchase through Nifty Nappy. Let me know what you bought- worth 8 extra entries!
Giveaway ends February 27th at 9pm CST. Winner will be drawn via random number generator & will be contacted via email. Winner has 24 hours to a respond before I will draw another winner. Thanks for participating & Thanks to Nifty Nappy for sponsoring!!!